Sunday 24 June 2012

Childhood Memories

Finally I have given myself a theme! I chose the theme 'childhood memories' after taking a number of photographs of an abandoned memory. There was something sad about that mini mouse welly that tugged at my heartstrings. I felt sorry for it, lying there in the leaf litter, under a large tree, just out the front of somebody's house. Its vivid colours caught my attention as I walked by, and I knew I had to take a picture of it. The second photograph, to me, is classic. I'm sure every child remembers going for a bike ride with their mum, dad, sister, auntie, or even just a friend. That has to be a classic. I also love the reflection of the child's pink bike in the puddle and how that moment will be frozen in time forever now. I took both of these photos on my regular old chestnut of a walk, a route I can always rely on in finding something.

The next two photographs were taken on a beach in Ardisier when my family went out for a day out after attending a judo competition in Invergordon. My childhood is definitely very beach orientated. A lot of the memories I have of summer holidays, especially ones to Ireland, were taken up by a particular pebble beach called Coshine...I'm not really sure on how to spell it. So I thought the beach pictures would be appropriate. The first of the two beach photos is of my brothers as they explored the mud flats searching for crabs and shrimps. The second is what I like to thinks of as a crab's - eye - view of the expanse of pebbles that made up the beach. It also captures some of the green countryside along the coast and the blazing sunshine.


I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!








No comments:

Post a Comment